Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The best 2015 ever!

13 weeks pregnant

It's been so so long since I've even been on my blog!!!! I spent most of October and November in complete and utter shock! As you can see in the photo above, I've got a bump. This bump is truly an amazing blessing from God. Here's a little history on this blessing:
After spending years and years AND years trying to have a child, with several failed fertility treatments, my husband and I took a giant leap of faith and did IVF on 11-11-11. We were beyond happy when it worked, the first time! This led to the birth of our son in 2012.  In 2013, we wanted to expand our family so we tried 2 more cycles of IVF, which both did not work. We were disappointed to say the least. It wasn't until the fall of 2014 that I had finally made peace within myself that our boy was enough. He was the perfect boy I thought I'd never have and he was enough.  I was done with the fertility drugs. I was done with the long drives to my Dr. office. I was done focusing on the need to give my son a sibling. I. was. done.
Or so I thought!
In October 2014, I started feeling strange. I started having some of the classic early pregnancy signs; bloated belly, tiredness, etc. I took a VERY early pregnancy test (just a few days before my expected period) and was confused to see a very faint second line. I thought, "no.... it must be wrong." Little did I know, it was picking up the little amount of HCG that was developing in my body. So I gave it 2 days like the box said. I took it again and that darn second line was a tad darker! Still..... after not being able to get pregnant on our own for 7 years, I couldn't believe it. I gave it another day or so. I ended up taking a total of 4 pregnancy tests to be sure!


I'll never forget that last test. I woke up early, 5:00 a.m. because it was on my mind. I went into our bathroom, did the test and was shocked to see it so dark. In shock, I walked out of the bathroom towards my sleeping husband in bed with the stick in my hand. My arm was shaking. Through my tears I said, "Honey, wake up, wake up. There are two lines. There are two lines. There are two lines." I'll never forget my husband's face. He blinked hard to get his eyes ready to open. He looked at that stick and started laughing, "there are two lines, there are two lines baby, we're having another baby!" 

I wanted to share this story on my teaching blog for a reason. If my story can give one person/teacher out there hope, then I've done a very important thing. Struggling to conceive is one of the most difficult things someone can go through. It's such an emotional, personal, heartbreaking struggle that only someone experiencing it can truly understand. You feel like you're alone. You feel helpless. You feel sad when it seems that everyone around you is pregnant. You feel stressed about ovulation. Your heart breaks every month when you get your period. It's truly the most difficult thing my husband and I have faced as a couple. So if you are reading this right now and are experiencing infertility issues, hang on, don't give up, believe in miracles, believe in God's timing...just believe.

7 weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment