I'm so excited to be linking up with Tara from 4th grade frolics for Monday Made it!
I've been slowly but surely working on a project for my classroom and it's finally done!!!!!
I created a leadership classroom decor pack for my classroom to highlight the Seven Habits in a bright and bold way!
I printed everything at the UPS store (color copies are 25 cents for teachers!!! Woo hoo!!!).
I used my awesome Scotch laminator to laminate everything Then I went out and got the following supplies to brighten everything up:
-Document frames from The Dollar Tree (8 1/2" X 11")
-TOLSBY frames from IKEA- for the "7 habits of a happy table" signs
-4 different colors of spray paint
I also used my laminator and hot glue gun for this project.
1. Pop the glass out of the frames and spray them a bright color! I threw away the glass since the posters are already laminated. This also makes the framed poster super light to hang on the wall.
2. I trimmed the posters' laminated border and popped them into the painted frames.
3. I wanted to put one more final touch on the frames so I decided on black and white polkadot ribbon. For this part I cut the ribbons to be the same size.
4. Then I put a little hot glue in the middle of the ribbon and pinched it together so it would stick. I did this so when they are hung on the wall, the ribbon is facing polkadot side out.
5. The last step was gluing the ribbon to the back of the frame so they can be hung. I plan on displaying the finished frames in my classroom. I've thought about displaying them around my door or up high at the front of the room. I'm going to play around with it to see where they look best!
After finding Scentos markers fro 95 cents at Staples last week, I immediately thought of student birthdays...which inspired my made it #2!
Everyone knows that first graders LOVE these things so I thought why not let them choose a SCENTO of their choice on their special day?!?!?! I whipped up these little tags to attach to them... they are free in my TPT store! I'm going to print them on card stock, punch a hole in the corner, and tie them to the markers with a colorful ribbon.
****If you print these tags, print them at 60% so they aren't so big!****
So there you have it...my first 2 Monday made its! Link up with Tara if you'd like to share something you've made!