Sunday, April 27, 2014

Learning Target Organization! & Freebie!

I've worked hard over the past 2 years creating unit learning targets for all subject areas. I print them off, laminate them, and post them on my learning targets board during each unit of study. When a unit ends, I find the next unit's learning targets to post. This has definitely been a work in progress project of mine over the past 2 years. It feels good to be able to have a strong handle on the curriculum and what I'm teaching in each subject area. These unit target sheets have really focused my teaching and make my first graders completely aware of the expectations.

This year I had one folder labeled "learning targets" on the front. I just stored all of the subject areas in this one folder. The problem was, when I went to get a particular unit, I could never find it! So I decided to organize the unit target pages by subject area. I bought 4 folders from Walmart and made labels to go on the front. These folders have really made locating a particular unit's targets a breeze! Click here to download the labels for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment