Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dr. Seuss Hat Cookies


I make these each year for Dr. Seuss' birthday. This year I found an easier way online to make these fun cookies. Here's what you need: 1 bag of Wilton red melting candy chips (from Joann's), 2 bags of white chocolate chips, 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows, 1 package of Oreo cookies, and red sugary sprinkles (optional).  First, get the marshmallows ready. Melt the red candy chips in a bowl. Dip one end of the marshmallows into the red melted chocolate. Set aside on wax paper to dry. Once dry, dip the other end of the marshmallow into the red chocolate. You can sprinkle the top with red sprinkles if you want (I did!). Now that the marshmallows are done it's time to start the Oreos. Melt the while chocolate chips in a bowl. Dip the Oreos completely into the white chocolate (both sides). Place on wax paper and plop a marshmallow on top. It will dry together.


These were super easy to make, but kind of messy and time consuming. I'm sure my little first graders will gobble these treats up in no time!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure they will. I hope you made one or two for yourself. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!!! Your kids are so lucky!

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! I love your blog!

    Please come by and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just stumbled upon your blog and I'm your newest follower!

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete