Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My first polkadot post

I wanted my first post to explain a little bit about my blog title, projects and polkadots. Yes, I do love polkadots! Here's the newest addition to my classroom this year! I've always wanted a couch in my classroom for my first graders to curl up on with their books. I was so fortunate last year to participate in a lab classroom experience through Oakland Schools. I gained so much from opening up my classroom; new teacher friends, new ideas, and a deeper understanding of myself as a teacher.  My classroom was opened up four times to teachers from near-by districts. I earned some extra money through this experience and this red and white polkadotted couch is what I went out and bought! My first graders absolutely love reading here! It's from IKEA, comes in different colors/patterns, and was affordable. Check out the link here to view the Klippan loveseat from IKEA in Dottevik Red!

5 comments:

  1. OMG! So glad I found your blog--I'm slightly obsessed with polka dots too! LOVE this couch!!

    Caitlin
    Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG erin! I wanted that couch sooo bad when I saw it at Ikea! Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this couch as I was searching for a coffee table on the IKEA website!! LOVE IT!!! I'm pretty much obsessed with polka dots as well. My classroom is covered in them :) My co-workers make fun of me all the time! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are neighbors! I teach in Lake Orion and spend many days and nights at Oakland Schools!

    Jaime
    Http://whatsthebuzzinfirst.blogspot.com
    Jlovelyschool@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaime, I thought you taught in Lake Orion. After reading one of your posts on your blog about a literacy coach in your district names Kate, I had a feeling you were close by. I actually opened up my room to some teachers last year from Lake Orion and Kate came as well.

    Erin
    Projects & Polkadots

    ReplyDelete