Sunday, October 30, 2011

Leader in...


Yes, the background on my leader board is polkadotted! This year I changed my classroom jobs board to be a leader board. I rephrased my jobs to say "leader in..."I bought the crayons and pockets at Lakeshore. I typed the kids names on labels and stuck them to the crayons. I got many of the ideas for my leadership jobs from attending a Leadership Day at Beaumont Elementary school in Waterford.

Beaumont Elementary School is recognized as a Stephen Covey Leader in Me School. As a Leader in Me School, students discover and practice a set of leadership and life skills from Stephen Covey's book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. One of the teacher's classrooms that I visited at Beaumont used a leader in board for her classroom jobs. I wrote down her leader in jobs and then adapted them to fit my clasroom. Click here to download the leader in job labels I used for my leader board.
These can be printed on Avery 2 x 4 labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment